I saw this game and thought it would work well with my Little Lambs’ class but it needs to be printed in color and my parish does not have a color copier. I decided to create a similar game and a booklet to go along with it so there are the same pictures in the story and the game. This makes it so much easier for the children to take what they learned in the story and apply it in the game.
To make the game:
Print one set of game cards per person on colored paper or cardstock.
Print one game board per person on white 8.5″ x 14″ paper.
To play the game with one person:
- Mix up the cards and turn upside down.
- Draw a card.
- Put the card on top of the matching picture on the game board.
- As each card is placed on the game board, say what is happening in the picture.
To play the game with more than one person:
- Each person gets a game board and a set of cards.
- Mix all the sets of cards together.
- Spread the cards out upside down on the table.
- Take turns picking a card.
- If the player does not have the card on his/her board, add it to the board and say what is happening in the picture. It is then the next players’ turn.
- If the player already has the card on his/her board, put the card back and it is the next players turn.
- Continue until someone has every picture on his/her board covered.