Pentecost is the Church’s birthday. What better way to celebrate a birthday than to have a party! Making a “Happy Birthday, Church!” hat is a great way to begin the party.
First, make copies from this PDF:
- Print the large flame on red cardstock.
- Print the medium flame on orange cardstock or paper.
- Print the small flame on yellow cardstock or paper.
- Print the head band on white cardstock.
- Color the words, “Happy Birthday, Church!”
- Cut out the flames — one flame of each color per child.
- Glue the orange flame onto the red flame.
- Glue the yellow flame on to the orange flame.
- Cut the head band on the black lines.
- Tape the 3 strips of cardstock together in a long line with the “Happy Birthday, Church!” one in the middle.
- Tape the flame to the head band — above the word, “birthday”. Tape on the front and the back.
- Fit the head band to the child’s head. Cut off any excess paper strip and tape.
For more ideas to celebrate Pentecost, check out this post: