For an after Easter class, I wanted for the kids to learn about the Easter season AND to have fun. Easter Egg Tops were perfect! The are very easy to spin!
First, using the large pictures, we talked about some things that happened in the Easter season:
- Jesus rising from the dead
- An angel telling the woman that Jesus is risen
- Jesus being recognized when he breaks bread with the disciples in Emmaus
- Jesus appears to Thomas and Thomas believes
- The Ascension,
These are the events that are represented on the top.
I used the Easter Egg Top with preschool/kindergarten age so I had the tops ready to use. If you are using the top with a little older children, they can make their own tops.
- Print the top on cardstock. Easter Egg Top and large pictures pdf
- The children can color the top.
- Cut the top on the outer and inner circle.
- Open the Easter egg.
- Put the top on the bottom half of the Easter egg.
- Put the egg together — OR — to keep the egg from falling apart, first put two drops of super glue on the top edge of the bottom half of the egg, and then put the egg together.
And then the fun begins! Spin the top. Using one finger, stop the tops’ spinning by putting a finger on the cardstock and pushing it down to the hard surface the top is spinning on.
Look at the picture and tell what the picture is about.
The kids had a lot of fun playing and learning with their tops!
Leave a Reply